Warning level: ADVICE
Smoke is currently affecting Rockhampton, due to a hazard reduction burn on Mount Archer.
What you should do:
– Follow health guidance and monitor live air quality information by clicking here.
– Avoid driving through smoke where possible and be aware of firefighters working in the area.
– Stay indoors, and close windows and doors.
– Keep respiratory medication close by.
– If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now.
– There is no direct fire threat to property at this time.
– Reduced air quality may cause health impacts for some people.
– Smoke may reduce visibility and affect driving conditions.
– Roads may be closed.
– Click here for current QFES incidents and warnings.
– Click here for bushfire preparation tips.
– Click here for road closure information or call 13 19 40.