Outdoor pools in Yarra Ranges will be re-opening in October and November, following the State Government’s easing of restrictions on 28 September.
The State Government allowed outdoor pools to reopen from 28 September, with strict social distancing and COVIDSafe measures in place.
Apart from Belgrave’s heated outdoor pool, most outdoor pools in Yarra Ranges are not heated and, with unpredictable spring weather and restrictions on lap swimming, would result in low visitation before the summer season begins.
Council will also be undertaking maintenance work on its outdoor pools to prepare them for re-opening, in line with current restrictions.
The Belgrave Outdoor Pool will reopen on Monday, 12 October, for lap swimming only.
The following conditions will apply:
- All visits to the pool must be booked, for contact tracing and visitor number control.
- Bookings will be available to residents or permitted workers within 5km only
- Change rooms remain closed, with limited toilet facilities are available in the outdoor area
- Bookings online are essential through the website.
- Masks must be worn at all times, except when in the pool
- The pool is available for lap swimming only
Other outdoor pools in Yarra Ranges – including, Healesville Outdoor Pool, Lilydale Outdoor Pool and Kilsyth Centenary Outdoor Pool – will reopen on the weekend of 27-28 November for the summer season. The Olinda Community Pool will open on 5 December.
We do not have a scheduled reopening date for indoor pools and will await more information from the State Government as restrictions gradually ease.