Following new directives from the Federal and NSW governments, and acting on the latest health advice intended to slow the spread of COVID-19; all playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor gyms in parks and reserves in Blacktown City, will close.
Blacktown City Mayor Tony Bleasdale OAM said, “Council has a duty of care to residents and staff to ensure all the necessary actions are being undertaken to slow the spread of the virus.
“Council will enact, where it can, all the recommendations and regulations put forward by the Federal and NSW Governments meaning all playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor gyms will be closed from Tuesday.
“I also strongly advise all our residents to limit both indoor and outdoor gathering to two persons with the exceptions of people of the same household going out together.
“And I also urge those people over 70, those over 60 with existing health conditions and indigenous Australians over 50 with existing health conditions, to self-isolate at home.” Mayor Bleasdale said.
“These latest measures have been put in place to keep reinforcing the practice of social distancing which is so necessary in the fight to contain the spread of COVID-19 and is consistent with all existing closures and restrictions.” Mayor Bleasdale said.
Closures and restrictions enacted by Blacktown City Council
- All playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor gyms in Council’s parks and reserves – closed
- All community and senior citizens centres – closed
- Meals on Wheels will continue from the Blacktown Senior Citizens Centre
- All sporting fields and courts including tennis courts – closed
- All leisure and swimming centres – closed
- All Blacktown City Libraries – closed
- The Home Library Service will continue to operate
- Libraries’ online resources including eBooks and eMagazines are available to Library members.
- Blacktown Customer Information Centre (BCIC) – closed
- Council’s Development services gateway counter – closed
- Development Applications can be submitted by email or USB drive
- Council’s Administration Centre, Flushcombe Rd, Blacktown – closed
- Animal Homing Facility, Blacktown – access by appointment only – call
- Blacktown Council Nursery – closed
- All events, festivals, citizenship ceremonies and gatherings controlled by Council or in Council venues up to 30 June remain cancelled or postponed.
Council remains operational, and customer service will be maintained through online and phone services.
Council’s garbage collection, clean-up services, street sweeping, road maintenance and cleaning will continue and all parks and reserves will be maintained.
Council operated child care centres (KEL) will continue to operate, in line with NSW Government schools policy.
- Council website: www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au
- Council’s COVID-19 response: https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Services/Health-and-safety/Response-to-Coronavirus