A bushfire advice message has been issued for the western side of Kangaroo Island.
Message ID: 0004652
Time Message Issued: 17:36
Date Message Issued: 10/01/2020
Fire Origin / Fire Name: PLAYFORD HWY/WEST END HWY , RAVINE
BUSHFIRE ADVICE MESSAGE
Issued for the Western Side of Kangaroo Island.
There may be areas of uncontrolled fire within the fire ground on the western side of Kangaroo Island from the South Coast approximately 12km West of Vivonne Bay, to the West of Parndana, and to the North Coast at Stokes Bay.
If you are in this area stay alert, monitor local conditions and decide what you will do if the situation changes.
At this time there is no threat to life or property and firefighters are attending this fire.
For updates visit the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
Shapes on this map image indicate the Warning Area to which this message applies.
BLUE: Advice Message; YELLOW: Watch and Act Message; RED: Emergency Warning
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Jan 11 2020 10:30
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Stay alert for potential dangers such as smoke, increased traffic and falling trees
- Drive carefully in the area as smoke may reduce visibility
- Close all doors and windows and stay inside if the smoke is causing you concern
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.