The British Embassy in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan is now accepting project proposals for the 2020/2021 financial year that will end on 31 March 2021.
This year the British Embassy in Nur-Sultan is seeking to support small projects that aim to address issues and risks that emerged as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The projects should aim at responding to the COVID-19-related challenges through provision of a knowledge and capacity building, analytical and advisory support, etc.
We are particularly interested in project proposals focused on:
- combatting the potential negative impact of COVID-19 on democracy, political and economic inclusion
- informing the public of the current human rights situation in the country
- addressing existing issues in the country’s social protection system with a particular focus on vulnerable groups
- supporting the country’s economic recovery by providing advisory support on economic issues, including fiscal policy, financial sector, etc.
The projects should incorporate online components, such as webinars, e-conferences, digital education, etc. which will be comprehensive, self-standing and easily accessible.
The British Embassy in Nur-Sultan is seeking to support Kazakhstan in its COVID-19 response plans, and work closely with the government bodies, civil society organizations, academic institutions, etc.
- project will be funded in the 2020/2021 financial year that will end on 31 March 2021, with no expectation of continued funding beyond this period
- only projects directly related to COVID-19 will be considered
- maximum budget limit: USD 12,000
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- risk and financial accountability procedures
- the organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- overall value for money