Commonwealth Bank is providing its Emergency Assistance to customers and businesses in flood affected areas in New South Wales.
CBA’s Executive General Manager, Everyday Banking, Kate Crous, said: “We know some areas have been impacted by flooding earlier this year and it’s a distressing time for these communities to experience this multiple times. Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the major flooding in communities across New South Wales and we want our customers to know we are here to help. Dangerous conditions like this can cause a lot of concern and we want to alleviate some of that worry by offering a range of support measures to impacted customers.”
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage those affected to discuss their individual circumstances with us by either phoning 1800 314 695 or visiting their nearest Commonwealth Bank branch.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist them with any financial concerns or enquiries.
For updates on our services including branch opening hours, please visit www.commbank.com.au/info.
As part of our Emergency Assistance, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Customised payment arrangements for your home loan, credit card, personal loan and some business loans.
- Waiving fees and charges.
- Temporary overdrafts, additional loans or emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Waiving fees and notice periods for early access to Term Deposits.
- For CommInsure customers, we are able to assist with emergency accommodation if your home has been damaged.
- Loan restructuring for business customers and existing loans.
- Waiving fees for temporary and damaged merchant EFTPOS terminals, as well as support with merchant terminal rental fees.
- We can also expedite claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home and contents insurance.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage those affected to contact us as soon as possible to discuss their individual circumstances, either via the CommBank app, phoning 1800 314 695, or visiting their nearest CBA branch if safe to do so. Further information about our Emergency Assistance is available online at commbank.com.au/emergencyassistance.
For emergency help in storms call the State Emergency Service on 132 500. Alternatively, visit www.ses.nsw.gov.au. In a life-threatening emergency call 000 (triple zero).
Disclaimer: Media releases are prepared without considering an individual readers objectives, financial situation or needs. Readers should consider the appropriateness to their circumstances. Visit Important Information to access Product Disclosure Statements or Terms and Conditions which are currently available electronically for products of the Commonwealth Bank Group, along with the relevant Financial Services Guide. Target Market Determinations are available here. Applications are subject to approval. Interest rates are correct at the time they are published and are subject to change. Fees, charges and eligibility criteria may apply.