Nominations are now open for the 2020 CBR Sport Awards to recognise and celebrate our exceptional local athletes, teams, volunteers, coaches and sporting organisations.
Peak sporting organisations and local sporting clubs are encouraged to nominate their highest achievers in community sport and at the elite level that contribute to building the ACT’s proud sporting culture.
Sport brings our community together, building pride in our city and breaking down barriers of culture, class, and gender.
In the most challenging of years, it is important that we reflect on the outstanding work of the ACT sporting community through bushfires, hailstorms and COVID-19 and celebrate those individuals and teams that have excelled.
The 2020 CBR Sport Awards will be a little different due to COVID-19. An online event will be held in place of the annual gala dinner, with details available soon.
The 2020 CBR Sport Award categories are:
- Athlete of the Year – men’s sport
- Athlete of the Year – women’s sport
- Athlete of the Year – para sport
- Team of the Year
- Rising Star
- Outstanding Service to Sport
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Inclusion
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Innovation; and
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Event Excellence.
Nominations for all awards close on Monday, 2 November 2020, with details available at cbrsportawards.com.au.
A full list of the 2019 CBR Sport Awards winners are listed here: https://cbrsportawards.com.au/2019-winners/