Members from the Drug and Organised Crime Division have arrested a 25-year-old male in relation to drugs, traffic and weapons offences.
The male was located this morning in his vehicle in Tivendale and was breath-tested and drug-saliva tested by detectives, indicating he was under the influence of methamphetamine. He was subsequently arrested by detectives.
Pursuant to Section 120C of the Police Administration Act, the male’s vehicle was searched and a number of prohibited items were located and seized, including knives, knuckledusters, a firearm silencer, a sawn-off .22 calibre rifle and magazine, ammunition, a drug ledger, Viagra and four mobile phones.
The male was charged with:
- Drive with prohibited drug in blood
- Possess firearm with serial number removed
- Possess prohibited firearm
- Possess unregistered firearm
- Possess controlled weapon
- Possess prohibited weapon
- Fail to meet storage requirements
- Fail to secure firearm
- Possess ammunition without a licence
- Possess firearm under the influence
He will appear in court at a later date.