Easy to prepare table centrepieces and a gift of premium glassware
set to inspire Aussie shoppers this Christmas
Coles has unveiled its most inspiring and convenient Christmas yet, with almost 250 new and improved Own Brand products and an exciting new offer for customers, who can collect premium glassware for summer entertaining when they shop.
Coles Fresh Advisor and Michelin star award winning chef Curtis Stone was joined by Australian mango, barramundi and beef producers Marie Piccone, Richard Buczak and Josh Harvey to celebrate Coles’ Christmas 2019 range in Sydney yesterday.
Coles Chief Marketing Officer Lisa Ronson said Coles wants to inspire customers at this special time of the year and help make their lives easier so they can spend more time with friends and family.
“At Coles we are customer-obsessed, and this year we have developed products which are unique and most importantly delicious for Christmas and the entire entertaining season,” Lisa said.
“We have committed to making Coles an Own Brand powerhouse, and at Christmas time that means helping customers to bring magic to their entertaining with this fantastic brand-new range. We’ve really focussed on developing products which are easy to prepare, great value and will help customers impress their family and friends.”
According to Coles customer research, over 50 per cent of shoppers purchase pre-prepared Christmas cakes, puddings or mince pies from a store for Christmas Day. Available now in supermarkets and online, Coles’ range of new luxurious and showstopping Christmas desserts includes:
– Coles Finest Luxury Melting Chocolate Pudding, an indulgent chocolate sponge pudding under a hand-decorated golden dome of chocolate, which melts spectacularly over the top when finished with a warm, silky toffee sauce ($15);
– Coles Finest Sloe Gin Fruit Mince Pies which are crafted using decadent all-butter shortcrust pastry and fruit mince including rich sultanas, sweet dried cranberries and citrus peel soaked in a warming, Sloe berry gin ($6 for 6 mince pies); and
– Coles Finest Luxury Chocolate, Raspberry and Prosecco Sponge Pudding, a rich Belgian chocolate sponge pudding, shimmering in rose gold glitter and finished with a tangy raspberry and prosecco sauce ($12).
With roasts remaining the most popular item on Christmas shopping lists with 75 per cent of customers planning to serve one up to their guests, Coles has made life easier with a range of new, fresh and easy to prepare centrepiece dishes that are big on ‘wow factor’ but are simple to cook in the oven or on the barbecue.
The new range, which will begin arriving in supermarkets and online in November, includes:
– Coles’ first ever plant-based roast to cater for the growing demand for vegan and flexitarian meal options at Christmas;
– Australian garlic prawn skewers, responsibly sourced and hand prepared fresh in Australia;
– Coles salmon Pastrami, made with responsibly sourced Tasmanian salmon generously coated in a ‘Pastrami’ dry rub which provides a rich smoky aroma and warm paprika and pepper flavours;
– Coles Easy carve, semi-boneless crackling ham; and
– Coles butterflied leg of lamb marinated with pomegranate and rosemary to make Christmas easy and delicious.
As part of Coles’ strategy to offer customers a tailored range, around 200 Coles supermarkets will also feature new speciality Own Brand products like French, Spanish and Italian premium cheeses, and genuine Italian panettone made in Milan using recipes that have been passed down through generations of bakers.
To help them bring a little sparkle to their celebrations, from October 30 Coles customers will earn ‘glassware credits’ that can be redeemed for European-made Spiegelau crystal glasses when they shop at Coles supermarkets and Liquorland.
Shoppers can impress their friends and family by laying their table with beautiful glassware from the makers of Riedel, one of the world’s leading producers of premium wineglasses, favoured by wine professionals and renowned for their melding of traditional glassware techniques into modern designs.
Customers can earn glassware credits by scanning their flybuys card every time they spend $20 or more at Coles, Liquorland and First Choice. One credit will be earned for every $20 spent in one transaction, and when customers have enough credits, they can redeem them for a box of two Spiegelau glasses, starting from 25 credits, at Coles supermarkets.
For high-res images from the Coles Christmas 2019 event – click here
For a VNR or