Orange City Council has re-opened facilities following the relaxation of lock-down rules in the local government area.
The facilities to re-open to the public are:
- Civic Centre – Monday 27th
- Visitor Information Centre – Saturday 25th
- The Aquatic Centre Indoor pools – Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th 9am to 1pm. From Monday 27th from 5.30am.
- Orange Regional Museum – Saturday 25th
- Orange Regional Library – Monday 27th
- Ticketek Office – Monday 27th
- Recovery Shop at Ophir Road Resource Recovery Centre – Saturday 25th
- Community Services: Monday 27th – Giyalang Ganya (main offices), all community centres and halls, Youth Hub. Children’s services and vacation care.
Orange Mayor Reg Kidd said he was proud of the way the council staff and the city responded to this latest lock-down.
“This relaxation of the lockdown is a result of the Orange community being COVID safe; wearing masks, social distancing, getting vaccinated and getting tested,” Cr Kidd said.
“I would also like to thank the Council staff that kept the city operating during the lockdown.”
Cr Kidd welcomed the news that the city would be re-opening but cautioned that the threat of COVID19 was far from over.
“If you look at our vaccination rates they are heading in the right direction with 90 per cent of the eligible population having received one shot and more than half fully vaccinated,” Cr Kidd said.
“They are good numbers but if we don’t finish the vaccination job, don’t social distance and don’t keep testing this might not be our last lockdown.”
For the latest on the orders and to find the latest news visit Regional and rural restrictions | NSW Government.
“Let’s be careful about how we respond to this. This is great news, particularly for those businesses and employees that have been badly affected by the pandemic. But let’s follow the regulations and try to make sure we stay out of lockdown,” Cr Kidd said.
In relation to Council services the relevant information can be found on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community Support Hub on Orange City Council’s website. This page will be updated as circumstances require.