With the return of Stage 3 restrictions this week, Sunraysia residents are reminded Council’s COVID-19 Community Relief Service is available for people who need help or support.
The service has performed a vital role since the first wave of Stage 3 restrictions earlier this year, providing support to more than 500 local residents and families, including more than 150 referrals to relevant agencies and organisations.
Established in March, the Community Relief Service provides a broad range of services, from connecting people to support or information through to helping with everyday essentials.
Key services include:
- connection to social and community support groups
- access to food parcels, prepared meals, shopping vouchers and essential items for those who are isolated or experiencing hardship, including residents in outlying areas of the municipality
- assistance with grocery shopping
- referral to local, state and national support services, including financial, health and mental health support services
- volunteering opportunities to help others in our community
- help with collecting prescriptions or medicine.
Residents can access the service in three ways: