The State Government has issued a testing blitz for Fawkner. This testing started on Saturday 27 June 2020 and will continue for the next few days.
Testing information – accurate at Monday 29 June 2020.
Mobile testing sites are available for walk-in testing today until 4pm at the following locations:
- Charles Mutton Reserve (Lorne St, Fawkner)
- Moomba Park Reserve (276 McBryde St, Fawkner)
- Wingrove and Seacombe Steet Reserve
- Evans Reserve (16 Victory St, Fawkner)
Drive through testing
Drive through testing is available again today at CB Smith Reserve from 10am to 4pm. The gate may be closed if there are large queues. Children from 5 years old can be tested. You must be in a car. Walk-in testing is not available at this site.
Door Knock testing
Door knockers will again be out in Fawkner today providing information on COVID-19 and encouraging residents to get tested. Door knockers can also arrange a home testing kit to be delivered and also arrange for nurses to visit the home and test people with symptoms in the coming days.
- 5-12-year-olds can now be tested
- No saliva tests are available at this stage – only nasal and throat swabs
- Door knockers will leave two self-testing kits at your door if you do not answer
What to do after you have your test
If you have symptoms, then you must self-isolate until you get your test result. If you do not have symptoms, then you are still encouraged to get tested but you do not need to self-isolate.
Stay safe and follow Victorian Department of Health & Human Services for the latest information.