TheTerritory Labor Government has invested in over 400 activities for children,young people and families throughout the Territory in the upcoming schoolholidays (1-19 July).
The July school holiday program provides youngTerritorians with a great opportunity to experience new sports, get creativethrough art and craft activities, and go on excursions.
Highlights of the July school holiday program:
- Darwin has over 90 diverse engaging activitiesincluding laser-tag and Late Friday Nights at the Shak which will be deliveredin collaboration with GPT Group. An accessible 3×3 basketball game has beendeveloped and will be delivered at Lake Leanyer. All the YMCA Darwinpools will include pool parties, competitions and BBQs.
- Alice Springs has over 110 activities including the Geek in Residence, specialTerritory Day celebrations, basketball, drop-in centre social and recreationalactivities, arts, games and digital art, exhibitions, sports clinics, movies,rock wall, crafts, and disco.
- Tennant Creek has over 50 activities including circus workshops featuring the AmazingMiss Debbie and Kids Fun Biz, basketball, drop-in centre recreationalactivities, snack and chat youth week sessions, NAIDOC celebrations, disco, andarts and craft.
- Katherine hasover 80 fun activities including arts, gaming,movies, drop in centre and sports.
- Palmerston has over 80 activitiesincluding drop-in sports and evening events, segway excursions, dancing,breakfast and chill out mornings, movie marathons, fitness and theatreactivities, gaming and a street party. TheCity of Palmerston with the support of the Territory Government will be hostingthe first ever Palmerston Youth Festival from 13-20 July, to coincide with theJuly School Holidays. This is a commitment made by the Territory Government, aspart of the Breaking the Cycle of Youth Crime in Palmerston initiativeannounced last year. The festival will host nine free events over eight days toencourage youth participation and community engagement.
- East Arnhem has multiple activities in communities across the GovePeninsula including sport and rec, movies, youth and community BBQ, and a disco.
Most events or activities are free. Visit the website www.youth.nt.gov.au