Albury’s cycle path network continues to grow, with work now under way on a section of track in Thurgoona.
Council crews are clearing the way for more than two kilometres of new path along Elizabeth Mitchell Drive. The 2.5-metre-wide path will connect to existing sections of track along Elizabeth Mitchell Drive and then continue along Corrys Road.
The project involves the following works:
- Clearing of trees and shrubs,
- A 2.5 metre wide asphalt footpath along the eastern side of Elizabeth Mitchell Drive,
- Pedestrian crossings across Quandong Road, Elizabeth Mitchell Drive and Corrys Road,
- A 2.5metre wide asphalt footpath along Corrys Road, and
- Replanting of trees and shrubs.
The tree removal is required to allow the construction of the footpath but an extensive planting program along the length of the new path will replace the removed trees with native trees and shrubs to provide habitat and visual appeal.
The works are expected to take between eight and 12 weeks to complete.
We appreciate your co-operation while this project is delivered to our community.