Important announcement – Diabetes SA launches second round of
diabetes research funding – set to benefit all South Australians living
As part of our mission, Diabetes SA through the generous support of its members and the community of South
Australia are very excited to announce the second round of research funding. In 2018 the Association launched
the inaugural Diabetes SA Research Grants Program and awarded $270,750 to six researchers in South
Australia and in 2020 this is set to increase to $300,000.
Applications are invited from health professionals and researchers to support new or continuing research
across all diabetes research areas including prediabetes, type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes. Projects can
reflect various components of the population but are expected to be completed within a two-year period.
Diabetes SA is pleased to offer three grants of $100,000 each with funding
being awarded in late April 2020.
Applications open 1 November 2019 and close 18 December 2019.
The key Diabetes SA priority research areas will be:
• The investigation of new and innovative ways of treatment and management of diabetes and/or
• The psychosocial/behavioural consequences of diabetes at an individual or community level.
• The use of digital technologies to improve understanding of self-management of diabetes and/or
enhance the delivery of self-management education to rural/remote areas of South Australia.
• The role nutrition and exercise play in diabetes management.
• The design and delivery of innovative health care systems for diabetes.
The key outcome of this research will be to provide better outcomes for people at risk or living with diabetes.