Drill results deliver exceptional uranium
mineralisation at Koppies
- Phase 2 RAB drill program has identified exceptional uranium mineralisation at the Koppies tenement in Namibia, with the best intersections including:
- KP055 13 m at 905 ppm U3O8 from 3 m Including 2 m at 4,504 ppm U3O8
- KP045 10 m at 687 ppm U3O8 from 2 m Including 2 m at 1,974 ppm U3O8
- KP012 7 m at 277 ppm U3O8 from 10 m
- KP047 5 m at 194 ppm U3O8 from 5 m and 2 m at 593 ppm U3O8 from 15 m
- A second high grade palaeochannel has been located over a 3.6 km length demonstrating further uranium mineralisation within the Koppies area
- Results confirm mineralisation in shallow drill holes less than 20 m in depth
- To date less than 5% of the highly prospective Koppies EPL has been explored, demonstrating the significant potential of the tenement
- Mineralisation is calcrete hosted within palaeochannels, the same style of ore used to develop Marenica’s U-pgradeTM uranium beneficiation process
Expanded drilling program at Koppies to commence shortly Marenica Energy Limited (“Marenica”, the “Company”) (ASX:MEY) is pleased to announce it has received assay results from its Phase 2 reconnaissance rotary air blast (“RAB”) drilling program on exclusive prospecting licence (“EPL”) 6987 in Namibia, Africa. EPL 6987, referred to as Koppies, is one of nine tenements that the Company has applied for in the Namib desert in recent years.
The exceptional interval of 2 m at 4,504 ppm U3O8 was contained within an intersection of 13 m at 905 ppm U3O8 from 3 m in hole KP055. The direction of the palaeochannel in this area is yet to be established, however, this will be the focus of the next drilling program expected to commence shortly.
Marenica Managing Director, Murray Hill,