Police are investigating a series of deliberately fires on the Adelaide Plains this afternoon.
Between 4.20pm and 7pm on Friday 24 February 2023 police and fire crews were called to a total of eight grass fires at the following locations.
- 2.22pm – Port Gawler Road and Old Port Wakefield Road, Two Wells
- 3.32pm – Old Dublin Road, Dublin
- 3.34pm – Frost Road, Lower Light
- 4.14pm – Church Road and Gordon Road, Korunye
- 4.16pm – Navvy Road and Gordon Road Lower Light
- 6.31pm – Dawkins Road, Two Wells
- 6.50pm – Sharpe Road and Gawler Road, Reeves Plains
- 7.02pm – Oliver Road, Reeves Plains
CFS crews were able to bring all fires under control quickly with minimal damage, however the potential risk to local communities was significant given the weather conditions.
Detectives from Barossa CIB and Crime Scene Investigators have attended the scenes and Police will remain in the area overnight.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious or was driving in the area who may dashcam footage is asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.crimestopperssa.com.au.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.