One of the greatest opportunities for Canada is the shift toward clean growth. Energy efficiency can save Canadians money, help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and create a clean economy that includes good, middle-class jobs.
Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, today recognized the winners of the 2019 ENERGY STAR Canada Participant Awards for helping Canada build a clean energy future and address global climate change.
The ENERGY STAR Canada Participant Awards – now in its 16th year – recognize organizations that have demonstrated excellence in promoting the most energy-efficient products and new homes in Canada. They represent the utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and homebuilders that are helping Canadian consumers and businesses save money while also addressing climate change.
With the value of the energy efficiency market expected to grow to $550 billion by 2035, Canada has the opportunity to promote energy efficiency and deliver economic growth through investments in innovation. Through the voluntary leadership of businesses and organizations, Canadians can see the transition to a low-carbon economy in action.
The following companies were honoured for their exceptional achievements in promoting and improving energy efficiency:
ENERGY STAR for Products
- Advocate of the Year: Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care – Branchton, ON
- Energy Efficiency Program Administrator of the Year: efficiencyPEI – Charlottetown, PEI
- Manufacturer of the Year – Appliances: Samsung Electronics Canada – Mississauga, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Commercial: True Refrigeration Canada – O’Fallon, MO (USA)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Electronics: Ricoh Canada Inc. – Mississauga, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Windows and Doors: Centennial Windows & Doors – London, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Heating and Cooling Equipment: Venmar Ventilation ULC – Drummondville, QC
- Manufacturer of the Year – Lighting: L’Image Home Products Inc. – Montreal, QC
- Promoter of the Year – ENERGY STAR Most Efficient: Daikin Industries, Ltd. – Markham, ON
- Promotional Campaign of the Year: Rheem – Brampton, ON
- Recruit of the Year: HP Canada – Mississauga, ON
- Recruit of the Year: Restaurants Canada – Toronto, ON
- Retailer of the Year – National: The Home Depot Canada – Toronto, ON
- Retailer of the Year – Regional: GEM Windows & Doors – Toronto, ON
- Special Recognition: Veritas Technologies LLC – Halifax, NS
- Sustained Excellence: Whirlpool Canada LP – Mississauga, ON
- Utility of the Year: Hydro One Networks Inc. – Toronto, ON
ENERGY STAR for New Homes
- New Homes Builder of the Year – Small: Naikoon Contracting Ltd. – North Vancouver, BC
- New Homes Builder of the Year – Mid-size: Doug Tarry Homes – St. Thomas, ON
- New Homes Builder of the Year – Large: Activa – Waterloo, ON
- New Homes Promotional Excellence: Activa – Waterloo, ON
ENERGY STAR Canada – a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to promote energy efficiency – makes it easy for Canadians to make energy-efficient choices and save money on energy bills.
“Using less energy is not something that affects climate change on the margins – it is something that strikes at its very heart. I am proud to recognize these organizations for their leadership in improving energy efficiency in Canada. Investing in the energy efficiency of our homes and buildings is one of the easiest ways to combat climate change while delivering concrete social and economic benefits to Canadians.”
Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources
- ENERGY STAR Canada is an 18-year energy efficiency success story. The program is a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and more than 1,500 organizations working to use our natural resources more wisely through greater energy efficiency. The program is administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Behind each ENERGY STAR label is a product, home, building or industrial facility that is independently certified to use less energy and cause fewer of the emissions that contribute to climate change. ENERGY STAR is Canada’s simple choice to save energy and money and protect our environment.