Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from members of the community who would like to join the Positive Ageing Advisory Committee on a volunteer basis to help shape the future for this vulnerable, but valued, group of people in the Surf Coast Shire.
What is the Positive Ageing Advisory Committee?
The purpose of the Positive Ageing Advisory Committee is to collect and consider evidence, ideas and community input about how Council can best create an Age Friendly Surf Coast where older people and people with a disability are valued, supported and empowered to live well, including but not limited to these topics:
• Social inclusion, social and civic participation
• Built environment, transport and housing
• Community support and health services
Committee members must be prepared to contribute to the advice to Council on important issues affecting older people and people with a disability. These voluntary roles are highly valued and genuinely make a difference for people in Surf Coast Shire Communities.
Becoming a Positive Ageing Advisory Committee member
If you’re interested in joining the committee, consider whether you tick these boxes:
- Interested in issues affecting older people
- Ability to commit to 2-3 hours at least, every 6 weeks, to attend meetings
- Ability to listen to others, contribute ideas and suggestions within the group for Council to consider
- Someone who resides in the Surf Coast Shire; or
- Someone who receives aged care support services provided within the Surf Coast Shire; or
- Someone who is a carer or family member of a person who receives aged care support services provided within the Surf Coast Shire