Construction will soon commence on three new fully fenced dog parks in Drouin, Warragul and Trafalgar.
The three fenced dog parks will be located at:
- Bellbird Park in Drouin, approx. 7000m2 in size located on the corner of Shillinglaw and Settlement Roads.
- Brooker Park in Warragul, approx. 5000m2 in size located in the central park area.
- Hollydell Park in Trafalgar, approx. 1800m2 in size located on the corner of Edward Crescent and Rose Court.
Each park will feature:
- Air lock double gate entry with landing area for safe entry and exit.
- New footpath connections to improve access around the parks.
- Signage outlining user rules and responsibilities.
- Doggy drinking fountains to make it easy to stay hydrated.
- Doggy waste bag dispenser and bins for easy, convenient and responsible clean up.
- Seating for dog owners to use and enjoy.
- Tree plantings to provide shade in warmer months and break up the wide-open space.
- Maintenance access gates to allow for routine maintenance and waste collections.
Works are expected to start in April and be completed by mid-2020.