Designs for the new Union Station and the station precinct have been finalised using the thousands of pieces of community feedback we’ve received since starting community consultation in December 2020.
In response to extensive community feedback, we’ve made a number of enhancements to the design that will see:
- 3 new open spaces
- 2 decks to create new open space
- A station entrance and pocket park on Montrose Street
- Improved disability access with a dedicated drop-off area at the Mont Albert Road entrance
- Better, more durable station materials that reflect the heritage of the local area and will look good for longer
- Maximised mature tree plantings as part of our plans to deliver 52,000 new trees, shrubs and plants
We’re now seeking your help to fine-tune the new open spaces and landscaping plans, to determine what plants should go where. Provide your feedback through our landscaping survey.