Firearms, prohibited weapons, ammunition and drugs have been seized during a search of a home in Cabramatta West.
Detectives from Fairfield City Police Area Command executed a search warrant on a home on Birdwood Avenue about 1.40pm (Monday 4 February 2019).
Officers searched the home and three pen guns and a sawn-off shotgun, more than 200 rounds of ammunition, as well as cannabis, heroin and a high-powered laser pointer.
A 36-year-old man was arrested at the home but was taken to Liverpool Hospital for treatment for a pre-existing medical condition.
The man has now been charged with eight offences,
- possess a prohibited drug
- Possess unregistered firearm-prohibited firearm (three counts)
- Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm
- Supply cannabis >indictable &
- Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority, and,
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit.
The man has been bail refused to appear in Liverpool Local Court today (Wednesday 6 February 2019).