Kempsey Shire Council has partnered with NSW State Government to get support for our community to manage the waste impact of the floods.
Kerb side pick up
A kerb side pick-up contract has been secured to collect hard waste from homes in the shire that have been independently assessed as flood affected.
WHAT DO DO
• Photograph the waste and inside the house for insurance records and future assistance claims before moving it • Move all flood damaged goods to the kerb side – Fire and Rescue and the Rural Fire Service are part of the Recovery Taskforce and are helping residents to empty out homes and place flood damaged good onto the kerb
• Do not place asbestos, building waste or organic matter out for kerb side collection
• Collections will start from Tuesday 30 March, starting in Smithtown and Gladstone
• Please be patient and wait for this service rather than taking hard waste to the Council waste facilities
Temporary Waste Transfer Site
If you can’t wait for kerb side pick-up:
• Take household flood affected waste to the temporary site at Collombatti Road Frederickton
• The site is open until 6pm today (Sunday 28 March) and then 7am – 5pm every day from Monday 29 March
• No household or organics waste will be accepted at this facility and you will be required to show ID proving flood affected location