Suning.com, a Fortune Global 500 retail company and China’s largest online-to-offline (O2O) smart retailer owned by Suning Holdings Group, closed its annual 818 shopping festival yesterday. The festival, which merged online to offline strategies with new smart retail concepts, had more than 12,000 internet stores owned by the company participate in it, making 818 one of the most comprehensive carnivals among major e-commerce shopping festivals.
“From pure online shopping, to the integration of online and offline, to nowadays full-scenario retail experiences, the 818 shopping festival is a key example of Suning’s continuous effort to innovate in retail and lead development in the industry”, said Zhang Jindong, chairman of Suning holdings.
Highlights of Suning.com’s 818 Shopping Festival include:
– On the 18th August, the overall sales volume of home appliances and 3C exceeded RMB 1 billion within 1 minute and 28 seconds.
– During the 818 festival, the number of Suning retail cloud stores in the fast-growing township market reached 3,726, and the sales volume exceeded 1 million units. On the 18th August, the online sales amount from the retail cloud store increased 9 times.
– On the 16th August, the first all-digital visual unmanned store officially opened in Nanjing Suning headquarters. Named “Grab as you go”, the store bought to life an authentic unmanned consumption experience and the average shopping time saved was 45 seconds. It only takes 1 second to buy a bottle of mineral water.
– During the 818 festival, the first 3.0 Suning Xiaodian (neighborhood convenience store) officially launched, with a consumer flow of nearly 40,000 people within 17 days, and the total order volume of the Suning market exceeded 800 orders.
– During the 818 festival, Suning.com official retail app took the no.1