Swing a club, kick a ball and give horizontal bungy a go as part of the sporty fun at this weekend’s Sunday on Shields program.
The Cairns Golf Club is setting up a monster bullseye, ALF North Queensland is bringing the giant handball and kicking cube, and there are sure to be plenty of laughs at the horizontal bungy in Shields Street this Sunday (29 September).
The sport and recreation theme continues with demonstrations from Cairns Dog School, Cairns Futsal, Brad Hope Family Martial Arts, Rhee Taekwondo and the Taipans mini squad.
The eighth in an 11-week program, Shields Street will come to life from 11am-8pm with a program that also includes face painters, glitter artist, jumping castle, market stalls, live music and buskers on Miss Nemo the Kombi, Zumba in the City and free kids’ entertainment.
Cairns Museum will also be open from 10am-2pm (fees apply).
Those heading into the CBD are reminded there is free parking is available
on-street and at the Lake Street multi-storey carpark on Sundays.
Sunday on Shields
- 10am to 2pm: Cairns Museum will be open (fees do apply)
11am to 3pm:
- Cairns Golf Club – swing a club and hit the monster bullseye
- ALF North Queensland – are bringing the giant handball and kicking cube
- The Horizontal Bungy – is the most fun you can have horizontally
- 11.00am Active Living Preview
- 11.30am Fun training with your fur buddy – Cairns Dog School
- 12 noon Cairns Futsal – Redlynch Central Sports
- 1.00pm Karate Kids – Brad Hope Family Martial Arts
- 2.00pm Rhee Taekwondo
- 2.30pm Taipans mini squad
- 11am to 3pm: Face painter, jumping castle and glitter artist
- 11am to 3pm: Local hand-made Market Stalls
- 4pm to 5pm: Zumba in the City
- 5pm onwards: Live entertainment on Miss Nemo the Kombi
- Plus more acts and surprises