Work to remove the level crossings at Oakover Road, Bell Street, Cramer Street and Murray Road is about to reach a major milestone, with the boom gates soon to be dismantled and new rail tracks connected to the existing Mernda Line.
The construction team will work 24/7 from 9pm Tuesday 17 May to Monday 30 May to get the rail bridge ready for trains.
During this time, the team will:
- Remove boom gates and old rail infrastructure
- Remove the old station platforms at Bell and Preston stations
- Remove temporary station facilities at Bell Station
- Continue work on the Mernda-bound rail bridge
- Continue work on the new Bell and Preston stations
- Connect the existing Mernda Line tracks with the new elevated rail track.