An Indian food festival, a Halloween experience and the celebration of PNG’s independence are among five events to have received Council support through the Local Community Events Grant program.
Council has committed more than $17,000 in Round 12 of the program for local not-for-profit community organisations to deliver events that enrich and enhance the lives of residents.
Groups successful in receiving funding are:
- Cairns Indian Association (CIA) for the 4th Mega Indian Cultural & Food Festival – $3,000;
- Redlynch Valley Community Group Inc. for the Tunnel of Terror Halloween Event – $2,595.50;
- 3MPride Manoora Community Gardens for Birrimba Gathering Together – $2,600;
- Papua New Guinea (PNG) & Wantoks Association Cairns for the 44th Independent Family & Cultural Day – $3,804.67;
- Hekili Outrigger Canoe Club Inc. for the Great Barrier Reef Ocean Challenge & Mini G 2020 – $5,500.