Lismore City Council is pleased to announce that the indoor pool, Aqua classes and the creche at the Goonellabah Sports & Aquatic Centre will reopen on Monday, 22 June.
“This is great news for the community who have been waiting for the pool to re-open after it was closed due to COVID-19 restrictions,” Lismore City Mayor Isaac Smith said.
“Staff have been working hard to put all necessary procedures in place to ensure we could re-open this very popular facility as soon as possible.”
Due to ongoing COVID-19 procedures to protect the safety of visitors and staff, the number of participants in GSAC’s Aqua classes will be capped at 20 until further notice.
The number of children using the Creche will also be capped at 20. To ensure a space, we recommend making a booking.
Learn to Swim will recommence soon with a start date to be advised. The café will remain closed at this stage.
For the safety of users and our staff, we ask all visitors to follow safety protocols:
- All members must wash their hands prior to and after their visit
- Patrons must bring their own drink bottle/water as the water coolers will remain closed. Water is available for purchase
- Toilets and change rooms will be accessible, however, social distancing applies with every second shower remaining closed. Saunas will also remain closed
- All members must maintain correct social distancing of 1.5m when in the Centre
- We prefer cashless transactions
- If any member is unwell with flu like symptoms (cough, runny nose or fever) we ask that you stay home
The interim opening hours at this stage are:
Monday to Friday: 6am to 7pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm
Creche hours are Monday to Friday: 9am to 11.45am
Saturday: 8am to 11.15am
A new Group Fitness Timetable will be in place from Monday, 22 August to include Aqua. Swimfit Group Fitness Classes will recommence Term 3 – Monday, 20 July.