The NSW Department of Planning and Environment is asking for community feedback on draft plans for the new Santa Sophia Catholic College, on public exhibition from now until 26 June 2019.
Executive Director Priority Projects David Gainsford said community input is a vital part of the planning process and encouraged everyone to have their say on the draft plans.
“The draft plans are for the construction of a new school for up to 2000 students from Kindergarten to Year 12, early education facilities and before and after school care, to be constructed on Fontana Drive in Box Hill,” Mr Gainsford said.
The draft plans for the new school include:
- General learning spaces and hubs for years Kindergarten to 12;
- Administrative space, knowledge centre, café, multipurpose hall and music, dance and drama spaces;
- Open space and sporting facilities;
- Bus pick-up/drop-off from Fontana Drive and pick-up/drop-off zone on future road ‘B’;
- Pedestrian access points from Red Gables Road north, Fontana Drive and future road ‘B’;
- Off-site staff car parking and short-term parking for pick-up/drop-off on Red Gables Road.
Mr Gainsford said the draft plans formed part of a State Significant Development Application and included an Environmental Impact Statement and draft plans for the public comment on the project.
“The Hills Shire is a rapidly growing community and we welcome opportunities to consider new school developments that include all age schooling and before and after school care. It is important we plan for growth and consider community feedback for these types of development.
“We want to hear from the community about their views on the draft plans to help us make a thorough and rigorous assessment and ensure any potential impacts to the surrounding area and local people are considered.
“Once the exhibition closes on 26 June, the Department will consider all community submissions received, along with feedback from other government agencies and councils, as part of its rigorous assessment process.
“All the feedback will help us assess the development application and the proposed amendments to the planning controls, so we can work towards the best outcome for the community.”
Visit the Planning Portal website for more information and Have Your Say on the project by Wednesday 26 June 2019.