Greater Shepparton City Council is calling for those with an interest in the development of the Congupna Recreation Reserve to have their say on the future of the facility at an information session on Thursday night.
Council is running a joint information session covering the Congupna Framework Plan and the Recreation Reserve Master plan and is seeking ideas and feedback from the community. This is an opportunity for those who want to help shape what happens at the reserve to provide their thoughts and ideas.
The Congupna Recreation Reserve project aims to set and agree the vision for development at the site. The Master Plan that is developed will consider the aspirations of clubs and groups currently based in the precinct and the broader needs of the Greater Shepparton community.
Congupna Recreation Reserve is the home to many sporting clubs and community group events including Congupna Football Netball Club, Shepparton United Football Club junior teams, Congupna CWA group, Congupna Landcare, Congupna Community Plan group and the Primary School.
The master plan will consider:
- Open space and natural environments
- Linkages and connections between the precinct and the surrounding area
- The current and future demographic profile of the surrounding community
- Formal and informal sport and recreation participation trends and needs
- Strengths and limitations of the existing sports facilities including the age, condition and single purpose nature of the facilities and the opportunity to develop multi use facilities
- Vehicle and pedestrian movement in and around the precinct
- Major event capabilities, limitations and opportunities
- Use and management of the Precinct
- Any other issues and opportunities arising from research and consultation.
Anyone interested in having their say can attend the information session which also includes the Congupna Framework Plan on Thursday 19 September from 5.00 to 7.00pm at the Congupna Recreation Reserve.