The City of Logan is in lockdown until 4.00pm, Sunday, August 8.
Logan City Council has acted on the direction of the Queensland Government and the Chief Health Officer and has closed facilities and restricted some services.
Council’s three Customer Service Centres – at Logan Central, Beenleigh and Jimboomba – will be closed until at least Tuesday, August 10 (Monday, August 9 is a public holiday in the City of Logan).
Our telephone contact centre remains open during the lockdown and can be reached on 3412 3412. Many Council service are available online.
Council services impacted include:
- Logan Entertainment Centre is open only for the purpose of delivering Queensland Health’s community vaccination hub
- All Council Libraries and Logan Art Gallery will be closed until at least Tuesday, August 10. Extensive online services are available
- Council’s waste facilities will remain open to essential customers only. Essential customers are those who need to visit a waste and recycling facility for work purposes or other essential reasons
- Domestic wheelie bin waste collection services will continue as normal
- Council gyms and aquatic centres are closed
- Council parks are open however water play areas and barbecues have been switched off and playgrounds and static gym equipment cannot be used.
- Council-managed dog off-leash areas are open but pet owners must follow all Queensland Health guidelines while at the parks.
A full list of those facilities and services impacted is available on the COVID-19 section of Council’s website.
Council’s top priority is the health and safety of our community, customers and staff.
All Queensland Health restrictions and guidelines, including the wearing of masks, social distancing, travel and use of the Check In QLD app, will be strictly enforced across the City of Logan including those Council venues that are not closed.
For the duration of the lockdown, people can only leave home for essential reasons and only within 10km of their residence.
Essential workers can travel beyond the 10km radius as can people with a COVID-19 vaccination booking.
For the latest advice on the lockdown, including testing locations, visit the Queensland Health website.