Are you caring for a loved one who lives with dementia? Dementia Australia is holding free family carer education sessions for residents living in the Hunter New England area.
There are estimated to be more than 7,100 people living with dementia in the federal electorates of Hunter and New England. Without a medical breakthrough, the number of people in Hunter and New England is expected to increase to an estimated 11,000 people by 2058.
Dementia Australia’s Carer Wellness program is designed for carers, family or friends of a person living with dementia and will focus on strategies, resources and support services for maintaining positive carer wellbeing and effective communication.
The course will be held on the following dates:
· Muswellbrook on Monday 26 October at 9:30am
· Tamworth on Tuesday 27 October at 9:30am
· Armidale on Thursday 29 October at 9:30am
· Inverell on Monday 2 November at 9:30am
· Narrabri on Tuesday 3 November at 9:30am
· Walcha on Thursday 5 November at 9:30am
· the impact of caring for a person living with dementia on your wellbeing
· strategies to improve and maintain your health and wellbeing
· how to access appropriate services and support
Courses also provide attendees with an opportunity to meet with others who are sharing a similar experience, allowing time to socialise and share important links to local support services.