The Australia Government has announced the newly named and reinvigorated Industry Innovation and Science Australia (IISA), with five new board members.
The reinvigorated IISA reflects the government’s focus on making science and technology work for industry.
Key activities and priorities
IISA will play a key advisory role in implementing the government’s $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy (MMS). As part of the strategy, IISA will oversee the creation of industry-led roadmaps that will guide future investment, innovation and action.
IISA will also continue to:
- advise on all innovation and science matters
- inform and guide policy on industry, innovation, science and research
- advocate and champion Australia’s innovation, science and research system
New board members
In response to the MMS, five new board members have been added to the IISA board. These new members have extensive industry experience and will be a great asset to progressing the MMS. They will be crucial to strengthening Australia’s manufacturing and innovation.
The new members are:
- Patrick Houlihan – CEO DuluxGroup
- Lauren Stafford – Innovation Partnerships Manager for Woodside Energy
- Scott Farrell – Partner at King & Wood Mallesons
- Dr Alex Grant – CEO Myriota Pty Ltd
- Sarah Nolet – CEO and Founder of AgThentic