This page provides information on some infrastructure projects underway across the Central Coast this month. Whilst we will continue to update this page as new information becomes available, details may change with short notice due to impacts that can occur to schedules due to weather and other events. More information can be sought on these projects by contacting Council’s customer service centre.
Open Space & Recreation
Work in progress
- Gosford Waterfront Playspace accessibility improvements – Works are underway at Gosford Waterfront Playspace (Gosford Leagues Club field) to install concrete pathways and softfall to improve accessibility so everyone can play. Works will impact use of the playspace during this time.
- Woy Woy Rogers Park sports amenities building – construction works are nearing completion to provide a significantly improved and accessible facility. Funded by The Australian Government and Council.
- Killarney Vale, Adelaide Oval sports amenities building – construction works are nearing completion to provide a significantly improved and accessible facility. Funded by NSW Government.
- Ettalong, Lemon Grove Netball Courts sports amenities building – construction works are underway to construct a multi-purpose sports amenities building. Funded by Australian Government. More info.
- Upgrade of sporting infrastructure at Central Coast sports grounds – This $11million NSW Government funded project at 16 local sports grounds consists of various sports infrastructure upgrades, such as the installation of sports lighting, drainage and irrigation; which will allow for increased use of the grounds throughout the year and improved safety for players and supporters. For more information and to follow project schedule and impacts, go to the project web page.
- Playspace renewals – as part of Council’s ongoing playspace renewal program, a number of Central Coast playspaces will be replaced with exciting new equipment this financial year at Avoca (Ross Park), Saratoga (Jirramba Reserve), Mardi (Woolmers Crescent), North Avoca (Palm Gully Park Playspace), Pretty Beach (Turo Reserve) and East Gosford (Hylton Moore Oval). Works are underway at Hylton Moore Oval and Palm Gully Park North Avoca to demolish the existing playspace, but don’t worry – a great new local playspace will be built in its place soon. More information to be announced soon. These projects are being funded by The Australian Government with some community group contributions.
- Playspace accessibility improvements – The Cottage Bateau Bay, Edgewater Park Bateau Bay Replacement of rubber soft, and Runway Park Woy Woy playspace and Wallarah point Peace park playspace – Installation of additional rubber softfall to further improve accessibility
- Umina, Peninsula Recreation and Active Lifestyle Precinct upgrades – Council is redeveloping several areas within the Peninsula Recreation Active Lifestyle Precinct (formerly known as Umina Recreation Area) to provide functional, accessible, and engaging sporting and recreation infrastructure for the benefit of the community. This multi-year project will be delivered in five stages, with the first works at Umina Tennis Court. More info.
- Sensory Park, Narara – existing park infrastructure (pedestrian bridge and paths) is being replaced to provide improved accessibility and functionality and the labyrinth garden will also be reconstructed to include new paths, planting and a central feature.
Leisure, Beach & Community Facilities
Work in progress
- Macmasters Beach public toilets and change room facilities – current facilities are being demolished to make way for new improved and an accessible public amenities building with toilets, shower and change facilities. More information to be announced soon.
- Grant McBride amenities upgrade
- Don Small Oval public toilets
- Peninsula Leisure Centre major air and water temperature system upgrades – major components of the HVAC system need to be replaced so the pool, creche, courts, gym and other spaces are running at the perfect temperature and can have new energy efficiencies incorporated.
Roads & Drainage Works
Work in progress
- Major water and sewer upgrades for Gosford CBD – major infrastructure upgrades continue in Gosford CBD which will support economic and population growth by providing critical new water and sewer infrastructure for the CBD. The project spans 66 projects (43 water projects and 23 sewer projects) with sites stretching from the Gosford waterfront, through the Gosford CBD shopping precinct, to areas in the vicinity of Gosford Hospital and Gosford Golf Course. This project is proudly funded by the NSW Government through the Housing Acceleration Fund (HAF) and part of a $42.5 million funding. More info.
Road and drainage capital works program can be viewed online.
To view all planned and unplanned road closures across the Central Coast, go to our road closure web page