Corangamite business operators should act quickly to apply for a Retail Area Façade Improvement Program grant.
Applications for the 2019-2020 program close on Friday 9 August.
Shire Manager Growth and Engagement Relations Rory Neeson said the program offered up to $3000 in dollar-for-dollar funding to help businesses attract more customers through the door.
“I encourage businesses and building owners interested in applying for a grant to contact Council so we can help make sure your application has the best possible chance of success,” Mr Neeson said.
“Giving your shop front a facelift—whether it’s installing eye-catching new signage and lighting, or repairing and removing out-of-date structural elements—is a good investment because it makes your business inviting to prospective customers,” Mr Neeson said.
Improving the vibrancy and attractiveness of the shopping strips in our towns can encourage travellers passing through to stop, explore, and patronise our local businesses, creating further economic benefits through the program.
Examples of works eligible under the program include:
- Painting of the façade
- Cleaning of the existing façade
- Removal of redundant signage, air conditioning units and hoardings
- Minor repair, maintenance or reinstatement of missing elements
- Minor repairs to existing façade tile or stone accents
- Minor repairs to structural façade elements and awnings
- New repairs or replacements of verandahs
- Installation of new business signage
- Installation of store lighting visible from the street
Applications to the Retail Area Façade Improvement Program are available here or the Civic Centre, 181 Manifold Street, Camperdown.
Successful applicants will have until 31 May 2020 to complete the works.