The Sturt Highway has closed near Gum Creek, west of Darlington Point, due to flooding.
The highway also remains closed between Collingullie and Darlington Point.
Several other major roads remain closed in the state’s south and Central West, including:
- Newell Highway is closed between Forbes and Wyalong.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed in Forbes, as well as between Forbes and Jemalong, and between Gooloogong and Cowra.
- Henry Lawson Way is closed between Forbes and Grenfell.
- The Escort Way is closed in Forbes.
- Mid Western Highway is closed at Back Creek.
- Kidman Way is closed at Wallanthery.
- Newell Highway is closed between Gillenbah and Jerilderie.
- Oxley Highway is closed in Warren.
- Riverina Highway is closed at Coreen, north of Corowa.
- Riverina Highway and Federation Way are closed between Hopefield and Urana.
In the north and north west:
- Kamilaroi Highway remains closed between Cryon and Walgett, and between Walgett, Brewarrina and Bourke.
- Castlereagh Highway remains closed between the Gwydir Highway and Montkeila Street in Walgett.
- Castlereagh Highway is also closed between Nilma Road and Bate Street at Walgett.
- Gwydir Highway remains closed between Walgett and Collarenebri, as well as on the eastern side of Collarenebri.
- Cobb Highway is closed between Wilcannia and Booligal.
- Carnarvon Highway is closed between Garah and Mungindi.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils are also affected.
Motorists who need to travel in flood affected areas are advised to take extreme care, never drive through floodwaters and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.