Some roads have reopened in the Hunter after being closed due to flooding.
Seaham Road has reopened at Raymond Terrace after being closed between Raymond Terrace Road and Newline Road.
Raymond Terrace Road is also open between Thornton and Millers Forest as well as at East Maitland.
Other roads remain closed, and motorists are reminded to never drive through floodwaters.
Anyone who needs to travel should take extra care and allow plenty of extra travel time.
In the Hunter
- Maitland – New England Highway is closed between the roundabout at High Street and Melbourne Street.
- Maitland to Cliftleigh – Main Road/Cessnock Road is closed between the New England Highway and Avery Lane.
- Tomago – Tomago Road is closed between Graham Drive and Masonite Road.
- Milbrodale to Mellong – Putty Road is closed between Milbrodale Road and Wallaby Swamp Trail.
- Hunter Line – no trains are running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog.
- Some bus services are cancelled or diverting and missing stops.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.