Coding, automation, the reality of AI and the “Uberisation” of the legal profession are just some of the major issues that will be examined at the Future of Law and Innovation in the Profession (FLIP) at the Sydney Hilton on Thursday 25 July 2019.
- Mitch Kowalski: “Lawyering in 2050: Robots in Suits or Just a Slightly Better Version of2019?”
- Professor Richard Susskind OBE: “How lawyers can prepare their business mindsets for the future”.
- Shara Evans, CEO, Market Clarity: “Making science fiction our reality” – how drones, robots, AI and 3D printing are changing society.
- “The reality of artificial intelligence” panel discussion with The Honourable Justice Melissa, Perry Federal Court of Australia, NSW Privacy Commissioner, Samantha Gavel and Chair, Standards Artificial Intelligence Committee, Aurelie Jacquet.
- A Great Debate on ” The impending uberisation of the legal profession” moderated by the Hon. Michael Kirby AC CMG with team leaders Elizabeth Espinosa and NSW Legal Services Commissioner John McKenzie.
- A panel discussion on “Digital transformation and institutional integration in our courts”.
- “Change leadership for a dynamic profession” featuring Dr Felicity Bell and Dr Justine Rogers from the FLIPStream Research project.
- An “Emerging Technology Lounge” will provide a stage for technology-focused legal startups to pitch their ideas for new legal technologies.