Round one of the Toowoomba Regional Council’s Community Grant Funding has been approved with 48 applicants set to receive funding.
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council earlier today (15 September), Environment and Community Services Committee Chair James O’Shea said Council had endorsed the first round for the 2020/21 financial year.
“In total $145,187.99 was approved which will be a massive help to organisations throughout the Toowoomba Region,” he said.
“The Community Grant Funding program has helped a number of groups over the years and with COVID-19 having an impact on everyone right now, it’s pleasing council is able to provide assistance in this form,” he said.
“The program is open to the community two times a year and provides assistance to community organisations throughout the Toowoomba Region.
“For anyone interested in applying in an upcoming round (round two opens 1 February 2021), please speak with our officers for guidance around applications.”
Successful grants, which were either partially or fully approved, under round one of the program for 2020/21 include:
- Alliance Francaise De Toowoomba Inc – to re-design the AFT web site
- Cambooya Public Hall Association Inc – purchase of a P.A. system for the use of hall patrons
- Coalbank Hall Committee (auspiced by Lions Club of Crows Nest Inc) – funds will assist to deliver a low-cost Christmas event for the local community
- Darling Downs Historical Rail Society Ltd – purchase of catering utilities for new dining carriage
- Days for Girls Toowoomba Inc – purchase of various sewing resources for the production of personal sanitary kits
- East Creek Neighbourhood Centre Incorporated (East Creek Community Centre) – installation of hand railings and fold out steps to improve bus safety
- Eva’s Place Pregnancy & Early Parenting Support Inc – to provide mental health support
- Gowrie Little Plain Community Centre Inc – lay carpet tiles on the stage to improve the comfort for performers
- Greenmount Returned Soldiers Memorial Hall Inc – Historical Artwork Restoration – Bicentennial Historical Artwork painting on canvas restoration
- Koala, Landcare and Wildlife Support Inc – to continue to support wildlife and the community
- Lions Club of Crows Nest Inc – replacement of ageing Lions Club gazebos for health and safety reasons
- Millmerran Men’s Shed Inc – Millmerran Community Garden Project
- National Trust of Australia (Queensland) Ltd – restoration of heritage photographs at Royal Bull’s Head Inn
- Peranga Community Association Inc – Peranga Heritage Preservation
- Pittsworth & District Campdraft Association Inc – acquisition of maintenance equipment
- Queensland Country Women’s Association Darling Downs (auspiced by the Queensland Country Women’s Association) – purchase of an urn and five tables for the QCWA centre
- The Scout Association of Australia QLD Branch Inc (Bunya Park Scout Group) -seating comfortably
- The Scout Association of Australia, QLD Branch Inc (Rockville Scout Group) – kitchen facility upgrade
- The Southern Beekeepers Association (Queensland) Inc – remote learning and communication
- Toowoomba City Bowls Club Inc – office and kitchen equipment upgrade to meet current health regulations
- Toowoomba Horse Riding for the Disabled Association Inc – efficient water management
- Toowoomba Women’s Shed Inc – upgrade of sewing and overlocker machines for the Toowoomba Women’s Shed Inc
- Willowburn Football Club Inc – purchase additional portable shade structures and junior football goal nets
- Yarraman & District Historical Society Inc (Rocky Hill School) – to repair the windows to the Rocky Hill School
- Yarraman Sporting Group Inc – upgrade of extra sporting equipment allowing more of the community to be involved
- You Belong Australia Ltd (Fruit of the Willow) – pop-up picnic in collaboration with Fruit of the Willow.
Cultural and Arts
- Support (CAS) The Toowoomba Repertory Theatre Society – costuming for period piece – ‘Pride and Prejudice’.
- Crows Nest Community Solutions Ltd (Dingo Mountain Parklands) – continue to destroy weeds controlled by cool burning and walking track establishment works
- Friends of the Escarpment Parks Toowoomba Inc – restoring escarpment bushland parks
- North East Downs Landcare Group Inc – extension of Oakey Creek Koala Corridor by planting 100 native trees in Tyrrell Street Reserve.
- 11th Light Horse Darling Downs Troup Inc – for the QMI Challenge which is a three day challenge for Australian Light Horse Troops from across Queensland and New South Wales
- Australian Camp Oven Festival Millmerran Inc – a cultural heritage event that commemorates traditional Australian camp oven cooking and associated lifestyle activities
- Boodua Public Hall Association Inc – the Boodua Christmas Party is an established, annual event for all ages which brings the local community together
- Boodua Public Hall Association Inc (auspicing Haden Hall Committee) – the Haden Market Day is an opportunity for local residents to showcase the area by selling their craft and produce
- High Country Festivals Inc (trading as Hampton Festival) – the annual Hampton Festival weekend is a vibrant celebration of local food production and regional artisans of the High Country Hamlets’ micro-region
- Rotary District 9630 Conference Committee 2021 (Rotary International District 9630 Inc) – the conference is an annual event
- Toowoomba Stamp Club Inc – for the Spring Stamp and Coin Show.
Sport and Recreation
- Cabarlah Pony Club Inc – upgrade dressage and show jumping arena
- Highfields & District Branch Little Athletics Centre Inc – facility upgrades
- Southern District Magpies Cricket Club Inc – purchase equipment for pitch preparation
- Toowoomba Cricket Inc – upgrade Heritage Oval clubhouse
- Toowoomba Croquet Club Inc – upgrade player shelters
- Toowoomba Masters Swimming Club Inc – event recording and computer system
- West Toowoomba Croquet Club Inc – install clubhouse sign.
- Bowls Queensland – the Queensland title in boys/girls U15 and U18 singles and pairs, U18 open triples and open fours’ events
- Equestrian Queensland Inc – state level championships for school age competitors from across Queensland
- Pittsworth and District Junior Rugby League Inc (Zone 4) – a culmination of the rugby league development skills learned over a four month period by 12-year boys/girls from across the Darling Downs, Western Downs, Maranoa and South East
- Toowoomba Motocross Club Ltd – iconic motocross event that has been running for a 45-year period. Participants are from junior to pro riders with vintage and side cars.