LOS ALAMOS, N.M., Feb. 17, 2021—Los Alamos National Laboratory employees were recently recognized with Honor and Achievement Awards from the Department of Energy Secretary; 248 Laboratory employees on eight teams won the awards, which are the highest honor a DOE employee or contractor can receive.
“Congratulations to the recipients, many of whom innovated and persevered through a tough time in our global history,” said Thom Mason, Laboratory Director. “These awards reinforce the fact that our national laboratories’ most important asset is a skilled, dedicated workforce.”
Laboratory staff joined teams that were recognized for numerous efforts including:
- transitioning the Laboratory workforce to telework,
- providing COVID-19 testing with the capacity to process more than 1,000 tests per day in the DOE national laboratory complex,
- mobilizing the nation’s supercomputing capabilities to meet the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic,
- recruiting new employees
- safeguarding nuclear fuels,
- nuclear explosion monitoring,
- radiological source response and recovery,
- and efficiently providing supplies across the Nuclear Security Enterprise.