Monster Community Raffle returns with the

Manningham Council

After an incredible fifteen-year stint partnering with the Kiwanis Club, this year we welcome the Templestowe Bowling Club as our new partner to deliver the Monster Community Raffle.

“Templestowe Bowling Club is the oldest Bowling Club in Manningham, and we celebrate our 75th Anniversary in 2023. The timing of the Monster Raffle partnership with Manningham Council is most appropriate, and we hope to remain partners for many years to come.” Said Club President, Eric Virgona.

In addition to providing bowling facilities, one of our core values is to engage with our local community, encouraging persons of all cultural backgrounds and abilities to foster a facility where multiculturism is a core component. We are delighted to provide our well-credentialed administration for this raffle that supports our community.” said Mr Virgona.

The Monster Raffle is iconic in Manningham. Offering a massive $10,000 worth of prizes, the raffle allows our community organisations and groups to raise a significant amount of money for their members and Manningham’s disadvantaged communities.

Each year, we partner with a local organisation to deliver the raffle. We’re very grateful for the Templestowe Bowling Club stepping up to help.

“We simply can’t run this initiative without a partner, and we’re so grateful for the Templestowe Bowling Club. They’re volunteering a lot of time and effort to support an initiative that always provides so many benefits to our community”, says Mayor Cr Michelle Kleinert.

Last year, 27 clubs participated in the raffle raising $34,000, with 100% percent of the proceeds going back into the community. Of this, 75% of the sales go straight back to the organisation that sold the tickets. The remaining 25% is donated to the Manningham Community Fund, to support activities through Community Fund Grants.

This year, the Community Fund aims to support initiatives for:

  • Homelessness and affordable housing
  • Healthy and resilient communities
  • Education and employment
  • Diversity and inclusion
  • Environment and sustainability

/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.