On 21 May, the $1.3 million Victorian Regional Readiness Fund (VRRF) was announced. Applications are open for grants of up to $130K for Disability Workforce Innovation Projects in Regional Victoria. Applications close on 12 June 2019.
The Victorian Government is seeking applications from single organisations, or consortia of organisations, to develop and test innovative and place-based responses to workforce and service system challenges.
Fund objectives include:
- Increasing the capacity and capability of the NDIS workforce to deliver services to people with disability
- Increasing market presence and strengthen NDIS service delivery models to support the choice and needs of people with disability
- Developing capacity to deliver to undersupplied NDIS markets with specialist and culturally relevant services to people with disability
The guidelines and application form are available on the DHHS website. Applications of up to four pages need to be submitted by 12 June 2019.
This work builds on connecting and engaging with local stakeholders by the Disability Workforce Innovation Workforce Connectors employed by the NDS. They have been working to help organisations in regional Victoria leverage existing expertise and resources, share good practices and facilitate the spread and sustainability of innovative and effective workforce approaches.
We now have an opportunity to build on this work. Organisations can contact their local Disability Workforce Innovation Connector to:
- Obtain advice and clarification on project ideas related to the disability workforce.
- Find out about potential partner organisations with and interest in working on a similar issue. Consortia projects will be encouraged in the grant process.
- Workforce Connectors (DWICs) will also be available to offer project coaching support for successful grant applications.
If you, or your organisation, have workforce challenges you are keen to address, please contact the Workforce Connector in your area:
- Andrew Gibbs – Mallee, Loddon and Central Highlands, 0436 820 096
- Chris Hawken – Inner and Outer Gippsland, 0436 820 089
- Clare Malcolm – Goulburn and Ovens Murray, 0436 820 087
- Dianne Hardy – Project Lead and Wimmera South West and Barwon, 0436 820 088
This fund forms part of the state government’s response to NDIS workforce and service system challenges and opportunities and is a priority of Keeping our Sector Strong: Victoria’s Workforce Plan for the NDIS. It is a grant program that recognises the diversity of communities across rural and regional Victoria. The VRRF Grants have been designed to support growth of the NDIS workforce and service system capacity and capability to better meet the needs of NDIS participants, and their families and carers.