City of Port Phillip Councillors voted to adopt the Council Plan 2021-31 at a Council meeting on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
The Council Plan 2021-31, which begins rolling out from 1 July 2021, sets out a new vision and the strategic directions that will guide our City’s future programs and initiatives.
A new vision
The new vision outlined in the plan was developed together with our community:
Proudly Port Phillip: A liveable and vibrant City that enhances the wellbeing of our community.
To achieve this vision, the initiatives and programs included in Council Plan 2021-31 are outlined under five strategic directions. Our strategic directions frame how Council will respond to the challenges and opportunities facing our community. The strategic directions will guide our programs and initiatives to deliver a Port Phillip that is:
- Inclusive: Port Phillip is a place for all members of our community, where people feel supported, and comfortable being themselves and expressing their identities.
- Liveable: Port Phillip is a great place to live, where our community has access to high quality public spaces, development and growth are well managed, and it is safer and easy to connect and travel within.
- Sustainable: Port Phillip has a sustainable future, where our community benefits from living in a bayside city that is cleaner, greener, cooler and more beautiful.
- Vibrant: Port Phillip has a flourishing economy, where our community and local business thrive, and we maintain and enhance our reputation as one of Melbourne’s cultural and creative hubs.
- Well-Governed: Port Phillip is a leading local government authority, where our community and our organisation is in a better place as a result of our collective efforts.
Investing in a vibrant and liveable City
City of Port Phillip adopted a new financial strategy and budget as part of our Council Plan 2021-31. The strategy delivers detailed financial information for the Plan, including our 10-Year Financial Plan. As part of our commitment to openness and transparency, the Budget includes:
- Our financial strategy, financial position, risks and sustainability
- Asset management information, including Council’s Asset Management Framework and a detailed asset plan
- Detailed financial information about our services provided under each strategic direction.
A City everyone can be proud of and love living in
We continue to live through challenging times. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our health and our livelihoods, as well as how we interact as a community, our local businesses, our arts and cultural organisations, our economy and our most vulnerable community members. We are committed to investing in and supporting the health and wellbeing of our community, as well as tackling complex problems such as:
- housing affordability
- rising waste costs
- active and public transport use to manage increased congestion and demands for limited parking spaces.
Our Council Plan 2021-31 addresses these as well as environmental challenges, including protecting our natural environment and mitigating climate change.
Read the new Plan and Budget
Read the Council Plan 2021-31 and the Budget.