Greater Shepparton City Council will waive certain fees for residential waste at the Shepparton and Murchison Resource Recovery Centres again this weekend.
The first weekend was very busy with long wait times so please be aware and plan for this. Traffic management will be in place for entry to the Shepparton facility Saturday 25 January 2020, with reduced speed limits in place from 7:00am to 5:00pm.
Wanganui Road will be closed to all traffic unless attending the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre. Traffic will not be permitted to travel east along Wanganui Road from Kittles Road and access to the Resource Recovery Centre will only be permitted from the Numurkah Road end. There will be no right hand turn southbound from Numurkah Road into Wanganui Road.
Traffic exiting the Resource Recovery Centre will be directed west to Rudd Road.
These arrangements have been put in place to improve safety during the event so please adhere to the traffic signs and follow instructions of traffic management controllers.
The below conditions of entry for no fee waste days apply.
Conditions of entry
- Residential Quantities Only
Residential quantities are classified as:
– a maximum of 3m3 per load
– a maximum 4 tyres per load
– under 20 litres of Petroleum-based oil
– a maximum of 10 litres of paint
– a maximum of a 9kg gas bottle
- No waste from commercial operators will be accepted.
- No Asbestos, liquids or prescribed waste will be accepted.
- This is not a chemical drop off.
- Loads must be sorted prior to entry to the facility or fees will apply. Greater Shepparton City Council is dedicated to reducing the amount of waste going to landfill, so separating your recyclable waste is mandatory.
- Proof of Greater Shepparton residence (drivers’ licence) will be required.
- Traffic management will be on site. Please follow directions and drive safely.
- No sales will be happening; however, mulch will still be available free of charge.
- Aggressive and/or disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Gates close at the above times. Any customers still in the queue may not be served.
If you have the following items to dispose of in domestic quantities you can dispose of them for free any day of the week.
Free items include:
- Batteries (Household & Car)
- Paint – max 10 litres (Shepparton Only)
- Hair Dryer
- Car Bumper – max 2 (all metal and screws removed)
- Alarm Clock
- Cardboard (clean & flat packed)
- iPads, notebooks & tablets
- Silage wrap (clean & clear bags)
- Electronic toys
- Municipal Waste (less than 1/16 m3 Less than 60ltrs)
- Mobile phones & Accessories (Mobile Muster)
- Garden Waste (less than 1/16 m3 Less than 60ltrs)
Locations and times for Waived fee:
Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre – Saturday 25 January 2020 – 8:00am – 4:15pm
Murchison Resource Recovery Centre – Sunday 26 January 2020 – 1:00pm – 3:45pm
The Ardmona facility will be closed on 25 January.