Greater Shepparton City Council will waive certain fees for residential waste at the Shepparton and Murchison Resource Recovery Centres starting this weekend.
The applicable fees will be waived during the following days and times:
Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre:
- Saturday 11 January 2020 – (8:00am – 4:15pm)
- Saturday 25 January 2020 – (8:00am – 4:15pm)
Murchison Resource Recovery Centre:
- Sunday 12 January 2020 – (1:00pm – 3:45pm)
- Sunday 26 January 2020 – (1:00pm – 3:45pm)
Mayor Cr Seema Abdullah said “we encourage members of our municipality to make the most of this opportunity, however, please be aware that to be eligible there are criteria that must be met including proof you are a resident of our municipality. We encourage locals to head to Council’s website before taking their waste to the centre to ensure you are aware of the full list,” said Cr Abdullah.
Conditions of entry include:
- Residential Quantities Only
Residential quantities are classified as:
- a maximum of 3m3 per load
- a maximum 4 tyres per load
- under 20 litres of Petroleum-based oil
- a maximum of 10 litres of paint
- a maximum of a 9kg gas bottle
- No waste from commercial operators will be accepted.
- No Asbestos, liquids or prescribed waste will be accepted.
- This is not a chemical drop off.
- Loads must be sorted prior to entry to the facility or fees will apply. Greater Shepparton City Council is dedicated to reducing the amount of waste going to landfill, so separating your recyclable waste is mandatory.
- Proof of Greater Shepparton residence (drivers’ licence) will be required.
- Traffic management will be on site. Please follow directions and drive safely.
- No sales will be happening; however, mulch will still be available free of charge.
- Aggressive and/or disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Gates close at the above times. Any customers still in the queue may not be served.
Ardmona centre will be closed on 11 and 25 January and the waived fee days for Ardmona will be deferred until further notice.