Noël Sydney will light up the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney with an enchanting Christmas experience, featuring stunning installations, bustling Christmas markets, food stalls and food trucks, bars and nightly entertainment to excite Sydneysiders and visitors for the festive season.
Noël Sydney is a new family friendly Christmas celebration held over 16 festive nights from 9 – 24 December with spectacular lights, magical experiences, exciting food and beverage experiences, with performances from David Campbell, Katie Noonan Trio, Bella Taylor Smith, Emma Pask and more.
Minister for Tourism Ben Franklin said that Noël Sydney would spread festive cheer from Macquarie Street to the Royal Botanic Garden and ensure Sydneysiders and visitors have a festive season to remember.
“The NSW Government is bringing magic to the heart of Sydney and lighting up the Royal Botanic Garden and Macquarie Street in a fantastic display sure to bring cheer and happiness to families across NSW,” Mr Franklin said.
“Attendees will be wowed by the LED Christmas forest, serenaded by caroling choristers, and can kick back and enjoy the nightly live entertainment and mesmerising Skyshow.
“Noël Sydney has something for people of all ages. There are so many ways to enjoy the event, whether participating in the interactive workshops, watching the roving performers, singing along to the nightly family friendly variety show or relaxing to the late-night performances. There is something for everyone.
“Noël Sydney market stalls will give shoppers the opportunity to support small businesses from across NSW as they load up on stocking stuffers and presents.”
Historic buildings along Macquarie Street will be bathed in light projections and captivating scenes inspired by the much-loved Christmas story, The Nutcracker. Visitors will be led along a festive light trail to an enchanted space with a forest of towering digital Christmas trees, surrounded by music, markets and delicious treats.
The Noël Sydney experience includes
- Christmas markets which will open for business at 6:00pm at which time the Christmas Digital Forest will light up, with community choirs performing nightly
- Something for all ages and taste buds will be available from food stalls and food trucks: with beverages available from the Noël Sydney Bar
- Workshops including Christmas wreath making, origami and decorations will run every night until 8:15pm
- A variety show with entertainment for the young and young at heart will take to the stage at 7:00pm
- The Noël Light Trail will be switched on from 7:30pm with the best viewing available from 8:00pm
- The Christmas Skyshow will run twice an evening from 16 December at 8:15pm and 10:00pm
- More performances for crowds to sing and dance to on the main stage from 8:30pm through to 10:00pm
- The Noël Light Trail with close to visitors at 11:00pm.
The NSW Government’s Sydney in Summer event series includes OPEN FOR LUNCH, Noël Sydney and ELEVATE Sydney, secured by Destination NSW, the NSW government’s tourism and major events agency.