Nominations are open to individuals and groups – including people with disability, family members, volunteers and people working in the sector – in 7 categories:
- Emerging leader award
- Excellence in creating inclusive communities
- Excellence in employment outcomes
- Excellence in promoting heath, housing and wellbeing
- Excellence in promoting rights, fairness and safety
- Volunteer award
- Lifetime achievement honour roll.
Last year’s winners include the AFL Victoria and Disability Sport and Recreation partnership, which produced the first ever wheelchair football league; Olivia Beasley who has advocated for the rights of Deaf people like herself; and the Find Your Voice All Abilities Choir – a 170-people strong choir formed in 2017 and made up of people with various disabilities.