The We Are Brimbank Awards recognise the exceptional contributions, hard work and determination of organisations and community groups making a positive difference within Brimbank.
The Mayor of Brimbank, Cr Lucinda Congreve
said: “Brimbank is a community that pulls together to get things done and that’s why we want to celebrate the incredible organisations and community groups that make our municipality so great.
“These awards are a fantastic way to acknowledge all the hard work, the great projects and organisations that contribute to our community.
“They also celebrate the pride and potential of the City of Brimbank and highlight Brimbank as a welcoming community.
“If you know of a deserving project, organisation or community group, I encourage you to complete the online form on Council’s website to nominate now!” said Cr Congreve.
There are five categories open for nomination:
- Culture, Arts & Tourism Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the rich cultural, heritage, tourism and artistic fabric of the Brimbank community.
- Environment & Sustainability Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the protection, enhancement and awareness of Brimbank’s natural and urban environment.
- Employment & Enterprise Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the prosperity of Brimbank.
- Inclusive Brimbank Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to promoting participation in community life and supporting proud, safe and healthy citizens.
- Learning Excellence Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the ongoing education, learning and engagement of the Brimbank community.
A panel of community leaders, convened by the Brimbank Mayor, will judge the nominations in September and the winners will be announced at a special event in October.
Nominations for the We Are Brimbank Awards close on Friday 30 August 2019.
/Public Release. View in full here