NSW has reported no new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
Seven cases in overseas travellers in hotel quarantine were also reported, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 4,181.
|Confirmed cases (including interstate residents in NSW health care facilities)||4,181|
|Deaths (in NSW from confirmed cases)||55|
|Total tests carried out||2,961,401|
There were 13,686 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with 15,329 in the previous 24 hours.
Of the new cases to 8pm last night:
- Seven were acquired overseas and are now in hotel quarantine
There were no locally acquired cases today. The last time NSW reported a day with no locally acquired cases was 19 October.
NSW Health is treating 80 COVID-19 cases, with no patients in intensive care. Ninety-one per cent of cases being treated by NSW Health are in non-acute, out-of-hospital care.
NSW Health continues to appeal to the community to come forward for testing right away if anyone has even the mildest of symptoms like a runny nose or scratchy throat, cough, fever or other symptoms that could be COVID-19. This is particularly important in south western Sydney, western Sydney and south eastern Sydney, where there have been locally transmitted cases recently.
COVID-19 is still likely circulating in the community and we must all be vigilant. To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away – don’t delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask when using public transport, rideshares and taxis, and in shops, places of worship and other places where you can’t physically distance. When taking taxis or rideshares, commuters should also sit in the back.
Confirmed cases to date
|By likely source of infection||Count|
|Locally acquired – contact of a confirmed case and/or in a known cluster||1,458|
|Locally acquired – contact not identified||394|
Counts reported for a particular day may vary over time with ongoing enhanced surveillance activities.
Returned travellers in hotel quarantine to date
|Since 29 March 2020||Count|
|Symptomatic travellers tested||6,055|
|Since 30 June 2020||Count|
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at day 2||37,527|
|Since 15 May 2020||Count|
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at day 10||49,872|