Lajamanu community and the surrounding homelands will enter into a lockdown immediately until 6pm on 11 December 2021, following positive wastewater results.
This means that residents must stay at home for the lockdown period and people are only permitted to leave for the following five reasons:
- Medical treatment, including COVID testing or vaccination
- For essential goods and services, like groceries and medications. Only one household member should visit the store, once per day.
- For work that is considered essential.
- For one hour of outdoor exercise a day within 5 km from your home with one other person or people from your house.
- To provide care and support to a family member or person who cannot support themselves. In case of an emergency.
Masks must be worn if you leave your place of residence. Your place of residence is where you are staying right now.
Schools and early childhood services in Lajamanu and the surrounding homelands will be closed.
Territorians in the lockdown area should not travel.
Essential workers who are fully vaccinated or have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can continue to go to work.
A Rapid Assessment Team has been dispatched to manage the response, undertake COVID-19 testing and provide COVID-19 vaccinations.
Significant work will be undertaken overnight and more updates on the evolving COVID-19 situation in Lajamanu will be provided in the morning.
Anyone who has been in the Lajamanu community or the surrounding homelands since the 15 November 2021 is required to immediately self-isolate, get tested for COVID-19 and remain in isolation until a negative test is returned.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading in our communities, it is important for everyone to follow all health directions and vaccinations for all those eligible.
- Book your COVID-19 vaccine
- Check in using The Territory Check In App every time, everywhere
- If you have symptoms, stay away from others and get tested for COVID-19
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitiser regularly
- Do not go to work if you feel sick
Maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres where possible.